Saturday, March 30, 2013

Cannon Beach part 2- Sandy Beaches

For lunch we thought about going to the Ecola seafood Restaurant, but thought it sounded too much like E-coli so we went to a place called Morris' Fireside instead. It was really beautiful inside and we got to sit right by a fire. I wish I would have thought to take a picure. All the restaurants said they served seafood, but I was a little disappointed to find out that they only serve it at dinner and if they have it on their lunch menu its in a sandwich or something. I had a crab sandwich melt and McKay had a halibut sandwich. It was good, but next time I think we will do dinner so we can have a real seafood dinner.

I was bummed when I realized that out of my 200+ pics, I had no pics of the food we ate.

Next we went to the beach. The morning weather was nice, But the afternoon was perfect weather to play in the sand!

I meant to put this pic with part one. We ate a snack/breakfast in one of their parks. I just love Brin's face in this pic.


When we got home, we realized we went to the wrong beach. items from Japan have been washing up onto the beaches from the ocean. This one washed up on Seaside, the same day we were at Cannon Beach, just a little north from cannon beach.


 They discovered that the item once belonged to this Japanese shrine. Japanese belongings have been washing up on the coastline due to the 2011 Japan tsunami.

But that's ok we found our own Japanese washed up artifact.
 That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
 
Daddy Showing Brin how to play in the sand.

Daddy Showing Brin the sand castle he made.

Brin destroying the sand castle daddy made.

Brin noticed she got a little sand on her and should probably wipe it off.

Daddy helping her with that.

Me with my baby girl!

Enjoying life without school!...Well no school for a week that is.

Next we decided to go walk and look for seashells down by the seashore! I can't even say that once!

 There's that big bath again!

 That's haystack rocks behind Brinners.
I love her!

Found a big log to practice our balancing on. Notice how far away the water line is at this point.

It's amazing how quickly and far in the waves will come. It's hard to tell when they were going to stop. There were a couple of times where we were by the water line and had to TRY and run away from it. Doesn't work too well.

We brought home a lot of sand with us! A little on purpose and a lot not on purpose.

3 comments:

  1. What a fun day! Brinlee is as cute as ever, especially in that turquoise blue sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love all of these pictures. Brinlee is looking as adorable as ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brinlee is so cute, Ash! I love her expression when she is walking towards you carrying the bucket it's priceless! She is getting so big! Love the update!

    ReplyDelete