Friday, March 15, 2013

creating problems

Before Brinlee was born McKay and I heard a lot about how children seem to get attached to things like a blanket, teddy bear, or binky. So we thought we would be such awesome parents and stop that issue before it started. We decided to rotate through her stuffed animals and blankets every night so she wouldn't feel like she had to have the same one every time.
BIG mistake! Everything was going pretty good until recently. Now she has decided that she wants all of her friends and blankets in the crib with her EVERY night and EVERY nap time! That's 6 stuffed animals and thankfully only 2 blankets. And if you try to be sneaky and leave one out, she will know! She will get a confused look on her face and then say in a worried little voice, "bummy bummy!"  So instead of avoiding a problem, we created a monster!
As you can see in this picture there are only 5 stuffed animals. We are slowly, but surely trying to get her down to one friend a night. It's pretty cute though. When she wakes up she sweetly picks up each friend, one at a time, and hands them to me until all are safely out. Even though this is becoming an issue. At least she is learning to be a good friend.


Brinlee is starting to understand what parks are all about and is loving them. And since Portland is just so awesome we can go in the middle of winter and only need a light jacket, if even. It's fun to watch her learn new skills like climbing and going down slides.
 This is a big twirling slide. I can't believe my baby is big enough to go down one of these things! I don't know if even I could be that brave.
 We were going through and organizing Brinner's clothes that she wore only a short time ago and she decided to reminisce by trying to see if things fit her still. Now this is the part I love about having a girl! She is starting to love playing dress up. : )
Sometimes her "outfits" are a little silly. For some reason she loves putting on just one shoe and always on her left foot. And if you were wondering, her hat is a pair of bloomers of course.
She found her baby snow suit and a binky. She never liked binkies and didn't even know what to do with it at first, But once she figured it out she was liking it. Just don't get too attached Brin! She had to bend her knees to fit into her snow suit and her arms were a wee bit too long, but she looked like my little baby again! There are many times that I look at her and can totally see my family. Like in this pic. But I still see a lot of McKay's family too. I still get lots of comments about how she looks like her daddy. (But less and less now that Brinlee is getting more hair and someone else is getting less. : ))
 Here she is dressing up with the stuff she got from grandma and grandpa Jones!
When I look at my photo albums of me as a baby I always squawk about how big and round my eyes were, but I just love Brinlee's big blue eyes! She wears them much better than I ever did.
 One more thing I just had to add. The other day we were at Joanns and when I was checking out I set my phone down on the counter to pay. The lady said, "wow I haven't seen one of those phones in a long time!" And gave the same look that I would give if I saw a brick cell phone that was used in the 90s. Am I really that behind on the times? Ya I'm afraid so.



6 comments:

  1. I am shocked right now! I can't believe how big Brinlee is! It kills me and makes me miss you guys so much! She is so stinking cute and I love her big blue eyes! I've always wished my eye were bigger and rounder! Lucky you and Brinlee! And yes Ash, I'm sure you were due for an upgrade like 5 years ago :) you should get an iphone so we can group text! But there's something nice about not always having access to the internet, so maybe enjoy it for a while longer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure I even know what group texting is. I'm guessing it's where a group of people send out a text and it goes out to everybody within the group? If it is, I can actually do that on my getto phone believe it or not! I've done that a few times with people here. Now how to start a group text is another issue.

      Delete
  2. I had that same phone until Madison tore it in half a few months ago! I still have a stupid phone, but my new one is a little more recent looking. Brinlee is cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha good to know I'm not the only one with an older phone! : ) Your little girl is so adorable by the way!

      Delete
  3. I am so looking forward to Brinlee the Teenager! I loved/love your big blue eyes-now you know why. They are just as cute on Brinlee as they were/are on you. If it makes you feel better, Dad has the same phone. Come to think of it, that's not really a selling point, is it?

    ReplyDelete