Sunday, March 24, 2013

Catching the fever

It's well known that Portland is very bike friendly. Which I find a little surprising considering all the hills there are. But you see them everywhere! I even feel myself getting healthier seeing all the bicyclists ride around town.
 Okay so this is a picture of bike riders in Denmark and it's not quite this bad but there's a lot of them. And McKay could no longer resist catching the bike fever too.

This ain't your typical run of the mill bike. This is a hybrid giant! OHSU does a program that will pay you if you ride your bike to school. So we are hoping that by the time McKay graduates we can get back what we paid for it. There is so much more to bikes then I ever knew!  We are even more excited to see the Backmans this summer now so we can learn more about bikes!
Before Brinlee was born we would bike a lot! Even when I was pregnant we would bike to school. Then when Brin was born we weren't able to bike like we used to. But now that she is a little bigger she is able to join in on the fun.
I have to peddle twice as much to try and keep up with McKay. Which means my work out is at least twice as good/much as McKay's when we go riding. This is due to the fact that my bike is the run of the mill bike and I've had it for about 4 years now. Plus I have this little cutie riding with me.

Now Brinner is catching another fever! It's something that makes her daddy very happy! As I write this Brin is crying out to have the T.V. on. But not because she wants to watch cartoons, but because she wants to watch, that's right, basketball! Not only does she love basketball, but everything that even resembles a circle is a basketball. a soccerball, football, balloons, bubbles, even pok-a-dots on her t-shirt are basketballs. While it is pretty funny and cute, it's getting crazy out of hand!

I swear she can sense if there's a basketball around. We were at Dick's sporting goods and she ran up to a t-shirt and pointed to the tag and said, "ba-ball!" we looked and sure enough it was a picture of the Michael Jordan logo.
When we left she had to hug each ball outside the store and said, "bye bye ba-ball"




3 comments:

  1. So when are you and McKay going to join Jorden in a bike race???
    Brinlee, you're going to have to have a major growth spurt if you ever hope to play ball!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya I think it will be awhile before we get to that point. And Brin may just surprise the world! She does drink a lot of milk!

      Delete
  2. Yay! I'm so glad McKay found a bike! We are so excited about seeing you this summer! I'm sure Jorden and McKay will spend all week talking about bikes! Jorden has signed up for a couple of races...maybe it could be an excuse for you to sign up and visit?! :) I'm glad you're riding too Ash. Jorden wants me to get a road bike sometime. We'll see!! By the way, Brinlee is getting too big! Tell her to stop growing! I'm sure she'll be an awesome little guard one day!!

    ReplyDelete