Sunday, April 21, 2013

One year and Brinlee

This month marks one year since I've graduated college. ONE YEAR! it's crazy how quickly time passes. When we found out we were pregnant, we both wondered how we were going to juggle everything, but honestly we didn't worry too much about it. We prayed a lot that we would be able to figure out how to start our family and a way for both of us to finish school. We felt like we received comfort about it and knew that things would work out. This meant that I took 17 credits one semester with her being born towards the end of it and then had a couple more semester til graduation. I really felt like it was important for me to go to school and get my degree, but I also felt like we were supposed to start a family. So why not do both! It was a crazy time in our life, but I am so happy that we did it! One plus side to it was that Brinlee transitioned into Nursery pretty easy. I am so grateful for all the people who helped us out, we couldn't of done it without them. Honestly, I really miss school and sometimes think about going back, but love being able to be with Brinlee and feel like right now this is where I need to be.
We just love our Brinners! I can't imagine life without her!
She adores her daddy. A few weeks ago during McKay's break she learned to call our names when she doesn't want to be in bed. First she started calling my name. McKay told me to be strong and don't get her. (I wasn't worried, I am able to resist). McKay was too, until Brin started calling "daddy"! I promise it only took 2 times before McKay ran in there. He can't resist. : ) 
The other day Brin found a mission pic of daddy and carried it everywhere with her! She even slept with it during her nap.

 Hugs
 and kisses

 This pic above is a very typical look of Brins. This look means I have attitude so deal with it! She likes to practice.
 Another typical look of hers. This pic is her claiming she's queen of the house and if she wants to put her feet on the table she will! Honestly though while she is getting into those wonderful twos she is still a big sweetheart.
 Peek-
 A-
 Boo!
 A lot of these pics were taken during lunch time. more and more lunchtime turns into playtime.
Ok mom I'll eat my food!
 Just kidding!

 Mom you've got to warn me you're going to take pictures!
 I've got to suck in my tummy!
Silly girl!
 I'm the Bear Den Leader in Boy Scouts and Brinlee loves looking through my scout book.
 She may have even colored in it a little! : ]
 Brin loves getting shoes and lining them up. If I leave the closet door open it's a guarantee she will pull all of my shoes out, line them up, and be wearing a pair of the high heels.
 Brin eating some yogurt. And this is the only way we survive shopping trips. She has always hated being in the cart buckled up.

A few pics of us with Brin
F

 Enjoying frozen yogurt on the porch with daddy
 Today in church someone commented to us about how much personality Brinlee has and that she beats to the sound of her own drum. We have also gotten comments about how "beautiful" her singing is! She loves singing, especially church songs. Yes I wouldn't call Brin shy.
We love her soooo much! Every night when we know she is sleeping we go into her room to look at her and talk about how cute and precious she is! I'm sure every parent does this. I honestly don't think I could go a day or night without her near.
Love you Brinners!



2 comments:

  1. Brinlee is such a doll! It's too bad Grandma isn't closer--I'm sure I could spoil her rotten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost always think Brinlee looks like McKay but for some reason I think these pictures look just like you! Happy one year graduation! Time sure does fly!

    ReplyDelete