Sunday, June 9, 2013

Activities

This is a long post of activities that we have been up to. I planned on doing a post for each one, but we have been too busy having fun with grandma and grandpa, so now they are combined for one post.

a few Sundays ago we went with another family to the park and went for a Sunday walk.
 Kinnely was loving spinning Brin.
 Emma joining in.


  It was really hot! The girls would say "hot hot!" every time they went up and down the slide. But yet they kept doing it so it must not have been that hot. Both of their faces in these pics make me laugh. They both look in pain.


Council Crest has a great view of Mt. Hood and Mt. Saint Helens. But they are really hard to get a good pic of.

 We love the wrights! they have been awesome to live by.

Brinlee LOVES these girls! 

We went to Seattle on Memorial Day for a Mariners game! Can't get any more American than that! 
 Brinlee loves tunnels! There are a few around town that we go through every so often. When we go through one Brinlee will Cry "I want tunnel!" for the rest of the car ride.
 Seattle is only a 3 hour drive. Expect when your daughter eats her string cheese too fast and throws up all over herself and her doll.
 On the Saturday before Memorial Day we decided spur of the moment to go to this game. The weather was supposed to be 72 and sunny. Ya not so much! but it really wasn't too bad and the game was a "family game" so our tickets were pretty cheap








 We had lots of fun! we got to see 3 home runs, all by the Mariners. One batter that broke his bat in half while hitting and a guy that streaked across the field, luckily he was fully clothed! And of course the Mariners won! Go Mariners!

Speaking of baseball, McKay played in a little baseball tournament of his own for OHSU.
Now I know why McKay doesn't feel the need to get a dog.



 It was a lot of fun to watch, but so hot!! Brin loves sunglasses! She calls them "lights!" 


Now that the weather has been so nice we love being outside.
We went on a hike



  Yep she loves Mama's lights!

Rose Garden has a fun playground


She was not very happy when we left.

Brin loves babies right now.
I will often find her getting the changing pad and all the supplies to Change the babies diaper.

 Then using the same wipe to wipe down her changing pad
and babies face
and her face and then mine. I hope I don't do that!


She will be a good big sister one day!!

And this part is for Jess! You were saying that Myla already likes playing with make up and you wonder what she will be like when she's 2. Well here's a little glimpse : )

It starts off as just testing it out.... 

 Then before you know it you turn your back for a sec and look back and both eyes are black! She has probably done this about 3 or 4 times now. She also loves LOVES chapstick/lipstick. It's so bad! We try hard to hide them from her
What are you supposed to say when you find her smiling and feeling so proud of herself? I'm pretty sure I have similar pictures of myself when I was young.
 So proud of yourself! : )

I like to take Pictures of McKay on his first and last day of each semester. I take them with Kay holding Brin. Brin will be 5 when McKay graduates so it will be fun to look back at each picture from each semester and see how much she has grown.
 McKay usually bikes to school. Brin thinks that she should go with him.

 Here's his first day of this semester. Brin's not so happy he's leaving. But she gets even more upset if she wakes up after he leaves!

Pumping some weights with daddy. 

 Love both you!!



3 comments:

  1. Ashley, no one got into the make-up more often than you did. Brinlee really is your daughter!

    Brinlee may need a little instruction before she's left in charge of anyone's baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really remember you getting into makeup when you were little. Like all the time. I think both Mom's and Shelly's! So I'm hoping that Brinlee's obsession is genetic! But ya, I don't think I'm helping my case with Myla by giving her my makeup brushes! I love that Brinlee calls sunglasses "lights" how funny! And you always seem to be so good at getting a family picture of all 3 of you. I'm horrible at this! Also, what a great idea to take a first day and last day picture with McKay and Brinlee. That will be such a treasure to look at over the years! Miss you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sad part is that I totally remember getting into make up too! I remember sinking in shelly's room or mom's room and putting on their make up. It's funny to think about now, because I would try to be so sneaky about putting it on and I guess not even think about how everybody would immediately be able tell as soon as they saw me what I had been up to! Oh funny! Ya and Brinlee is well on the same path. But if it's genetic jess then that means your kids may get it too!!! : )

    ReplyDelete